You know I think Spanish digital magazines are the best. Look at Revista Vis-à-Vis. It won Digital Magazine Awards last year and this e-mag has been my personal favourite for ages. I found out Revista Vis-à-Vis has been using a Spanish publishing platform TabletPlanet. I was able to talk to Jesús Pérez (CEO of TabletPlanet) and Ángel Anaya Barroso (editor of Vis-à-Vis) and ask them about this amazing platform.
Publish on: Tablets, Phones, Web
Supported OS: Apple, Windows
Software requirements: InDesign
What is a minimum price to publish a multy-issue app on App Store?Basic Standard License Non-recurrent Publishing (Licencia Estándar BASICA Publicación NO periodica)It is entry-level License. To publish a catalog, annual report of a company, to introduce your company in mobile publishing …Cost: 1.390€This give you:
- A multy-issue app on iOS for iPhone & iPad;
- A multy-issue app on Android for smartphones & tablets
- Everything on standard License: Custom app design, Google Analytics, notifications, private area, …
- So many additional free services …
- One issue.
- Additional issues: 390€
Five reasons to choose TabletPlanet
TabletPlanet has an impressive portfolio: award-winning magazines, magazines from TOP free mags, best Spanish digital magazines.
See a case study on tabletplanet.es/es/clientes
With TabletPlanet you can create engaging pages in InDesign using a plag-in.
Ángel Anaya Barroso
Co-Editor of Vis-à-Vis magazine and Mine magazine
Editorial: PLOI MEDIA
How long have you been using Tablet Planet?We have a very special relationship with Tablet Planet and Roduly (the developer of this software). Ploi Media published the first free magazine in Spanish and edited exclusively for iPad: Vis-à-Vis. We use other software to do so. A year after the first issue, we met Roduly and they showed us their software: Tablet Planet. It was not yet in final phase but we found a high quality solution with many possibilities. We do not doubt. In a few days, we reached an agreement with Roduly and we help them to close Tablet Planet thanks to our experience as editors of digital magazines. Today, Tablet Planet is one of the best digital publishing solutions and we are excited to continue with this tool and developing further improvements.What do you think are pros of Tablet Planet?
- Traffic data and software are separated. Not all tools offer this possibility but this is very important, especially for some business models. A customer pays for TabletPlanet data traffic it really costs because he can choose which company hires this service. If he wants, he can use own servers.
- It is very easy to use. Any designer can accommodate paper and design tool with this software.
- If you’re a designer with experience in digital publishing, the possibilities are endless. Easy for beginners and powerful for experts.
- Tablet Planet allows great customization. Developers are open to implement customizations and solutions specific to a customer if it is interesting.
- In all devices: iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android and web (very useful for certain customers)What do you think are cons of Tablet Planet?There are not many. If we have to highlight one, we would say the user interface, but the next update greatly improve this aspect.Do you have something to add?Our two magazines are the best example of running this software. In addition, they are free ;)