Series of mini-tutorials. I’ll show how-to design basic features using different publishing tools (Adobe DPS, Mag+, Prss and others). The first mini-tut is How-to create
a gallery in 10 easy steps using Adobe DPS tool.
Let’s take a look at some examples from existing magazines:
They are slightly different but they all based on the same principle.
For this tutorial I’ll use a template I created earlier, photos of Citroën DS3, Adobe Indesign CC.
Let’s create an ABC gallery using Adobe DPS tool in 10 steps. First we’ll create Multi state object and when buttons to change content by clicking.
Create Multi State Object
1. Select all photos (Selection Tool, V ).
2. Align them (Align Objects, Shift + F7 ).
3. Open Window > Interactive > Object States
4. Create Multi State Object (MSO).
The multi state object is created. Now we should make the buttons.
5. Open Window > Interactive > Buttons and Forms
6. Select the image and create a button.
7. Select the action Action > Go to state
8. Object. We should select the MSO (Multi-state 1) we created earlier.
9. State. Select a state and click the state in the list (State 1).
10. Repeat steps 6-10 to create all buttons.
The gallery works fine in Adobe Content Viewer on iPad.